Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekly Review

Well, I had a set back in my getting back to running plan last week.  But I'm taking it slow and steady and better safe than sorry is my motto for the moment.  So it was mostly a rest week since I was experiencing some pain, which was mostly my own fault.  But here are the details.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Body pump at the gym.  I decided to increase the weights I was using for squats, lunges and shoulders.  That was a bad idea.  I was super sore the rest of the week and could barely move without pain.  Thankfully, I already happened to have a massage appointment on Thursday and a PT appointment on Friday.  Both of those were helpful.  But my achilles tendon remained really tight and my heel hurt throughout the weekend :(  It seems to be feeling better today so fingers crossed that holds up.



Saturday - Walking at the national arboretum with visiting family members.  My feet felt a little tired after the walking but not too bad.



Sunday -  This was a lot of walking and my heel hurt quite a bit by the end of the day.  I definitely need to ice my feet today and hopefully that will help out.  But we played tourist and had a lot of fun exploring down on the National Mall.  We checked out the modern art museum, the air and space museum, and the natural history museum.  I ended up with 17, 411 steps for the day.



So that was my week.  Here's the tentative plan for this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - morning easy run
Wednesday - body pump
Thursday - Elliptical at the gym after work
Friday -  morning easy run
Saturday - Semper Fi 5k
Sunday - Body Pump

 I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment