Monday, July 23, 2018

Weekly Review

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Things went pretty well for me and though I had to move things around and do some double workout days, I got all my planned work outs in.  Here's the details for the week.

Monday - 30 minutes on the elliptical plus body pump.  It was a new release this week and it was really tough, especially the lunge section.  But thankfully, I didn't experience a lot of DOMS.


Tuesday - Planned rest day

Wednesday - Speed work in the morning.  1 mile warm up, 2 miles at half marathon pace, and 1 mile cool down.  My first mile at half marathon pace was slow but it was also net uphill.  The second mile was on pace.  So I think it averaged out ok.


Thursday - Unplanned rest day

Friday - I moved Thursday's easy run here and got it done on the treadmill before body pump.


We also went to the Janelle Monae concert Friday evening.  I had been looking forward to this for a long time and it didn't disappoint.  It was an amazing concert and she put on an amazing show.  But more than that, it felt really life affirming and it just felt like there was a lot of love and kindness in the air.


Saturday - Unplanned rest day.  Well, it rained all day.  I actually got up early to run because the forecast the day before said it wouldn't start raining until later.  Then it said it would clear up around 10am so I figured I'd wait until then.  Nope.  It was a cut back week with only 2 miles on Saturday and Sunday so I just decided I would combine it into a 4 miler Sunday morning.

Sunday - 4 mile run.  I got up early to get this in before it rained and thankfully the weather held out.  In fact, it didn't start raining until the afternoon but then it really poured in the evening.  The poor cats were pretty freaked out and Shelby wouldn't come out from under the bed.


So those were my workouts last week.  This week looks like it will be more rain but fingers crossed that it will work out for my running dates.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Body pump
Wednesday - Morning speed work (3.25 miles with 1.25 at 10k pace)
Thursday - Easy run after work
Friday -  Body Pump
Saturday - 3 mile easy run
Sunday - 7 miles with 4 miles at half marathon pace (!)

 I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment