Monday, November 12, 2018

Race 13.1 Baltimore Training - Week 2

I hope everyone had a great week!  Mine was a bit of a mixed bag.  I'm happy with the work outs I got in but ended up missing a couple runs due to weird foot drama and just plain scheduling.  Here are the details.

Monday - Rest Day - I was also working as an election worker again so I had to go to my assigned polling place to help set it up so everything was ready to open on time Tuesday morning.

Tuesday - 2.8 miles easy - cut a little short because I got caught in the rain.  Then I went to my shift at the polls.  I had the closing shift which meant I stayed until the end and drove everything to the Board of Elections at the end of the night.  I was very impressed with how organized everything was and how smoothly our particular polling location ran.


Wednesday - Strength training at home.  I started out doing a body pump video but my stomach was not feeling well with the quick movements.  I stopped the video and just did some basic strength training on my own, squats, glute bridges, calf raises, clam shells, planks.

Thursday - 3.6 miles on the treadmill.  This was a 1 mile warm up, 2.5 miles tempo and then a minimal cool down.  My shoes have been weird lately (they're only a couple months old!) and I ended up with a cut on the back of my right foot from the rubbing.


Friday - Yoga With Adrienne - I kept meaning to go out for a run during the day but things just kept coming up and I didn't manage to get out there before the sun set.  So I ended up doing a yoga session in the evening.


Saturday - 5 miles on the treadmill.


This is when things kind of got weird with my right foot.  It's the same foot I had tendinitis in earlier in the year and I'm a bit paranoid about it.  Because of the rubbing with my shoes, I had gotten new shoes.  But for some reason, the new shoes were fine on my left foot but tight on my right foot.  I don't know if I just need to relace the shoe or maybe it was a little swollen from Thursday's treadmill run where my ankle had gotten cut up.  The result is that it was even more swollen when I woke up Sunday :(

Sunday - Unplanned rest day.  Since my foot was visibly swollen Sunday morning, I ended up deciding not to run.  The swelling had gone by the afternoon and I toyed with the idea of going out for an afternoon run, but I decided against it.  I did go buy some new running socks because I realized the socks I've been using are pretty old and that may have been contributing to the rubbing on the back of my ankle too.

But the weekend wasn't all bad.  We did go out with to celebrate a couple friend's birthdays Saturday evening.  It started out with a 50th birthday dinner celebration and then to another friend's house to watch Mad Max.


So that was last week.  Hopefully this week is better. Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 3.5 miles tempo)
Wednesday - Body Pump
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - 5.5 miles + yoga
Sunday - 10 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment