Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekly review

It's Monday again and time for another weekly workout review.  Monday was a rest day and Tuesday was supposed to be the group track workout.  However, a new Road Runners store opened near us and we were invited to a special event at the store.  They gave a little talk, had some snacks and waters for us, and we went for a 20 minute run.  The run was down the sidewalk near a major road (Rockville Pike for those in the area) so it wasn't that fun and the sidewalk was kind of narrow for the group.  But it was ok and we ended back at the store, where we were given a $25 gift card to use at the grand opening on Saturday.  I forgot to turn runkeeper on so I don't have any data for this run.

Thursday, I ran on the treadmill at work.  I had a pretty good run and ended up doing one more interval than was listed on the schedule.  The average pace was a little slow but it includes the 5 minute warm up and cool down.  It was 6 minutes running to 1 minute walking.  I used 3 mph for the walk intervals and 4.5 or 4.8 mph for the run intervals.

Friday was a strength training routine from Fitocracy while I was waiting for my parents to get into town.  The routine was to repeat these for 4 sets.

Saturday was the 80s retro 5k and it was fun.  We walked most of that one.  I'll be doing a review later this week but here's a sneak peek :)

After the 5k, we went back to the Road Runner store so I could use my gift card and my dad could get fitted for new shoes.  I got a hat and compression calf sleeves. They were also doing some raffles and I  won free entry to a "wine in the woods" 5k in May!  Another race to add to my calendar :)

I was thinking of going for a run on Sunday since Saturday was mostly walking but by the time we finished errands and got home from the grocery store, it started raining.  We hunkered down for more snow last night and are having a snow day today.  Hopefully it won't affect tomorrow's track run.

I hope you all had a great running week!

No comments:

Post a Comment