Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly review

It's been quite a week! Monday was a rest day and Tuesday was an informal run with the running group. I also used this run as the run for my virtual 5k so I knew I had to run at least 6 laps of the jogging path.  It was a small group and it seemed like most people wanted to walk but I kept up with my run intervals.  One of the other girls thanked me afterward for pushing because she felt like she would have just walked the whole time even though she wanted to run.


Wednesday was strength training and I pushed myself more than I had been in the past.  I started a routine from the New Rules of Lifting for Women.  This is a great book and a lot of what was discussed in the book makes sense.  It did leave me sore on Thursday so that was another rest day. 

Friday was Jillian Michaels yoga from a YouTube video and it kicked my butt again!

Saturday was the Semper Fi 5k.  I'll do a full review later but it was a great race and I had my first 5k under 40 minutes! I was very excited about this.  I was supposed to run 4 miles  according to my 10k training plan so I tacked a bit extra on after the 5k.


There was also a lot of walking later in the day as we went downtown for dinner at Founding Farmers.  I love that they have so many vegetarian dishes. This was an early birthday celebration (my birthday isn't until June) because my gift was supposed to be tickets to the Mos Def concert that evening. Unfortunately, he cancelled at the last minute. The show was going on with the opening acts but we opted for a refund.  We didn't pay to just see the openers, though I'm sure they were good. We ended the evening with a little walk by the Washington Monument and then got back to the metro to head home just as it started raining.
Celebratory drinks, lobster mac & cheese, and cauliflower "steak" with pesto, risotto and brocollini.

Sunday I had a short 2 mile run.  I went back to the park where we have our Tuesday runs since there seem to always be people around there. I'm a bit nervous about running alone due to recent reports about attacks on local running trails :(



It was a good running and working out week but I'm definitely feeling a bit sore.  I'm looking forward to a rest day tomorrow and more stretching/foam rolling. I hope you had a good week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment