Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Five - random things on my mind

Happy Friday!  This is another week that's flown by for me. And of course, Friday means it's time to link up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia for the Friday Five.

Part of the reason this week has flown by is that I've been super busy!  Since I have a lot of random thoughts on my mind, I'm just going to go with 5 of those random things today.

1. India - Yikes!  This trip has crept up on me.  By this time next week I will be on a plane on my way to India.  And I still have a ton of packing to do.  This weekend is going to have to include a lot of laundry and packing. And I have a ton of stuff I need to wrap up at work before taking off for 2 weeks as well. I'm planning on taking running clothes since I should have access to a treadmill for some long runs, and I'm sure there will be tons of hiking around while sight seeing.

2. Sleep - I think because I keep running my to do list through my head, I haven't been sleeping that well lately.  I feel like I'm always tired. According to my fitbit, I only had about four and a half hours of sleep last night :(

3. Jamberry - A friend of mine recently started selling jamberry nail wraps and I got some samples to try out.  I think I actually like them.  The application process wasn't more time consuming than my normal nail painting process and hopefully I'll get better if I do it again.  You can see in the photo below that the one nail with the design is the jamberry wrap.  And they have lots of fun designs on their website. Anyone else used them and have feedback?


4. Tea Swallow - One of my cousins gave me a Christmas gift of a 3 months subscription to Tea Swallow.  It's a monthly subscription box that includes 4 different loose leaf teas every month.  I got my first box this week and it's really cool.  I've tried two of the teas and there was one, called White Wedding, that was amazing! I think this is a delivery I'll definitely look forward to every month.

5. 10 miles - My plan is to do a 10 mile run this weekend! This will be my longest run since the half marathon in November.  My foot was fine after this past Sunday's long run so I'm optimistic :) We're going to be on the Capital Crescent Trail starting in Bethesda so there is a long uphill coming back but I think it should be fine.

And to end on a fun note, here's a photo of Perry in one of his random poses that he likes to relax in.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment