Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekly Review RnR DC - Week 7

This week started out well but kind of fizzled at the end :(

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - strength training (jumping jacks, squats, calf raises, clam shells, planks, glute bridges and side planks)

Wednesday - track workout with the running group, this was a great run though cold.  We started with a mile warm up, a 400, an 800, a 1200 and a 1600.  I was trying to turn my watch off during the recovery and I forgot to turn it back on, I think on the 800.

Thursday - I ran on the treadmill after work and felt pretty good.


Friday - rest day

Saturday - DDP Yoga, Below the Belt

Sunday - I skipped my long run Sunday morning.  I was super congested and felt like I was having a hard time breathing.  I slept badly and actually had to get up in the middle of the night to take a puff of my inhaler.  So when my alarm went off at 6am, I just couldn't do it. But I did feel better in the afternoon so I managed to get in some time on the elliptical.



So the plan for this week is a run on Monday, yoga on Wednesday, and the track on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are travel days so not much activity. I'm hoping to manage yoga on Saturday and then a run in Sunday.  I'm hoping to do 10 miles since that's what I should have done this week.  I might only get to 12 miles before the RnR half but hopefully that will be enough. This training cycle hasn't gone as I wanted given the foot problems earlier and today's missed long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment