Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekly Review RnR DC - Week 3

This week went pretty well and 2015 was seen off to a good start :) My foot seems to be a bit better but still not completely better.  I have an appointment with a podiatrist this afternoon so we'll see what the news is.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - my old running group was running this evening so I met up with them.  The high school track was closed so we met at a lighted parking lot.  We mostly ran circles around the lot and I think each lap was somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mile.  It was a good run and nice to see people from my 5k training group again.



Wednesday - Rest day and New Year's Eve.  We went to a fun party but left shortly after midnight since I knew I had to get up early on the first.

Thursday - New Year's Day!  I met up with a couple friends to do the Montgomery County Road Runner's New Year's Day 5k.  We had a good time and it was a great race.  I'll do a full review later this week but for now, suffice it to say that I was happy with my performance. We also went out for a yummy brunch afterward and it was a great way to start out 2015.

Post race selfie in the car

Friday - about 40 minutes on the elliptical.



Saturday - DDP yoga and a 15 minute abs video.

Sunday - I wanted to take it easy on my foot (and avoid the rain) so I skipped the long run with the training group.  Instead, I did the elliptical for approximately the amount of time I would have been out running.  It's not the same but I figured that would help keep my cardio endurance up and not bother my foot as much. I did it for three episodes of the Gilmore Girls and took a couple minutes between episodes to refill my water bottle and stretch.



The plan for this week is podiatrist today, yoga class during lunchtime on Tuesday, Running hills with the training group Wednesday, running on the treadmill after work Thursday, yoga on Friday, rest Saturday and hopefully be able to do the long run with the group Sunday.  I hope everyone has a great week ahead of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment