Friday, January 2, 2015

How did I do with my 2014 goals?

It's Friday and time to link up with Courtney, Cynthia and Mar for the Friday Five.  I figure the first Friday in 2015 is a perfect time to look back and see how I did with my 2014 goals.

1. Run my first 10k - Done with the Lawyer's Have Heart 10k in June!  My goal was to run it in less than 1:20:00 and I did it in a bit less than 1:19:00.  It was a great experience and I'll probably do this run again next year.

2.  Run my first 10 miler - Done with the Disney World Tower of Terror 10 miler!  This was a mixed experience for me but I learned a lot about what I needed to succeed in a race.



3. Run my first half marathon - Done with the Richmond half marathon!  I took the lessons I learned from the 10 miler and applied them here.  I met my time goal and also had a great experience.

4.  Be able to do 10 "real" push ups - Unfortunately, this hasn't quite happened.  I didn't concentrate on upper body strength as much as I wanted.  I can do about 5-6 push ups before my form suffers and I have to put my knees down.

5. Do an unassisted head stand - almost there on this one!  I haven't quite gotten it but the last time Mike was spotting me he said my legs were barely needing any support.  I just need to get my balance figured out. This will probably remain on the goal list for next year.

So that's it for 2014, combined with my post earlier in the week on 2014 by the numbers.  Next week I'll talk more about my plans for 2015.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment