Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Five - Fall races

It's crazy to me that it's already Labor Day weekend!  Sadly, that means the Summer is almost over but it also means that it's time for the Friday 5 link up with Courtney, Cynthia, and Mar.  The theme for this week is Fall races.  I love talking about races so I'm particularly excited for this week's theme :)  So here are some races I'm looking forward to this Fall.

1.  The Diva Dash 5k - This is one is next weekend and I'm pretty excited for it.  Not only is it my first woman focused race, but it's also my first obstacle race.  The friend I'm doing it with has done this race several years in a row and has convinced me to do it with her this year.  She's made it sound amazing so I'm looking forward to it in spite of my nerves about the obstacles.

2.  The Parks Half Marathon - I'm not running this one but am volunteering.  It should be fun because my volunteer assignment is to give out the medals (actually wine stoppers) after the race and Mike is also volunteering with me.I'm looking forward to cheering for all the finishers.

3.  The Marine Corps 10k - I'm nowhere ready for a full marathon but I'm excited to be able to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon weekend by doing the 10k.  I've heard great things about this event and really loved cheering on marathon runners last year.  We'll cheer them on from the finish line this year after finishing the 10k.

One of the photos from spectating at last year's MCM

4. The Jingle Jungle 5k - I'm doing this 5k at Disney World with Mike and both my parents.  I'm really looking forward to this being a family event. 

5.  The Wine and Dine Half Marathon - This is my goal race for the Fall.  The 5k will be in the morning and then that night, I'll be doing this half marathon on my own.  I'm looking forward to it as my 2nd Disney race and my 3rd half marathon.

My Vanellope costume from my last Disney race

So those are my Fall races and I'm really looking forward to all of them for different reasons.  I'm also looking forward to the cooler weather in Fall!  Do you have any Fall races you're excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment