Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training - week 9

I hope everyone had a great week and a fun labor day holiday!  Mike and I went up to New Jersey for the holiday to spend some time with family.  And I have a new niece that was born in May that we met for the first time. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend filled with fun family time.

My weekly update is going up a day late since we just got back from New Jersey yesterday and I was exhausted.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - body pump plus 15 minutes in the elliptical - this body pump class is an express class so it's only 45 minutes.  So I like to round out the hour with some time on the elliptical. 

Wednesday - 40 minutes on the elliptical - we had some scheduling issues so I didn't get to the track or the gym but I tried to push hard for the time I was on the elliptical.


Thursday - 60 minute adventure run with Road Runner Sports - this was a ton of fun!  I should have a full review up later this week but it was basically a 60 minute event and you were given a map with a number of checkpoints.  You had to try to make it to as many checkpoints as possible, finish a little challenge, and then you got raffle tickets.  So the more checkpoints you make it to, the more raffle tickets you get.


Friday - body pump



Saturday - rest day and the day we drove up to New Jersey.



Sunday - 3 mile run plus standup paddle boarding.  The SUP was a lot of fun and I think everyone really enjoyed it.  It was a 90 minute class so the first 15-20 minutes was more of a class format and then we were able to really get into the paddling.  We also spent some time walking along the boardwalk in the evening.



So that was my week.  It went pretty well and the weekend was great since it was full of family and fun.  I hope you all had a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment