Monday, September 21, 2015

WIne and Dine Half Marathon training - week 11

Last week started out ok with the training but did not end well.  I hope this week goes better.  But here's how it went.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Body pump for 45 minutes at the gym since it's an "express" class plus 15 minutes on the elliptical to round out the hour.


Wednesday - Running at the track.  It did not go well, which is disappointing after last week went so well at the track.  I had been congested all day so had a hard time with my breathing.



Thursday - Running at the gym


Friday - Body pump with my favorite instructor and for a full hour, which I prefer.

We also went to the Alabama Shakes concert that evening and really enjoyed the performance.


Saturday - And this is where things really go down hill.  I got up early, got ready to go run, and was making one last stop in the bathroom.  As I sat down, I heard something go pop in my knee.  There wasn't a lot of pain but it just felt weird and there was some swelling.  So I decided to play it safe, skip the run, and spend some time icing my knee.

Sunday - There was still some swelling in my knee so again skipped going out on a run.  I iced it again and did some foam rolling since I wondered if my tight quads were part of the problem.  I did go to the Renaissance Fair with some friends and the walking actually seemed to make my knee feel better.


The swelling in the knee seems to have gone so I think I'll give it some more icing and foam rolling today and as long as everything feels ok tomorrow, I'll go back to my workout routine.  The plan is for body pump on Tuesday, a run on Wednesday, and then leaving for vacation on Thursday!  That was the main reason I didn't want to push it with my knee, I didn't want to risk injury the week before leaving on a vacation.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment