Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - Week 13

I'm back!  We had a wonderful 10 days of vacation and now I'm back to real life.  We got back home late on Sunday evening and yesterday was just exhausting at work, but I'm here with a training update, so better late than never :)

Friday and Saturday we were at Universal Studios in Orlando.  We had a great time and while there was no dedicated work out time, there was a lot of walking.  Like more than 20,000 steps each day.  We had an amazing time while there and if you are a Harry Potter fan, you've got to try to visit.  It's amazing how well they've captured the books and the movies.

Sunday was our first day on the cruise ship.  Again, no dedicated work out time but we did manage to walk more than 10,000 steps every day.  For the most part, we tried to always take the stairs and avoid the elevator.

Monday was a full day at sea and Mike and I woke up early to go run on the treadmills.  But the boat was rocking.  A lot.  I started on the treadmill and was a little worried that I would accidentally fall of so I moved over to the elliptical after 10 minutes.  But it was a combined 40 minutes between the elliptical and the treadmill, with a beautiful view of the ocean.  And then I took a 30 minute stretching class, which felt amazing.  We also had some swimming time in the pool on the ship.

Tuesday was spent at the cruise ship's private beach area on Haiti.  It was a beautiful island paradise and since Mike and I woke up early to get to the beach as soon as possible, it really felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves for a good hour in the morning. So we had some swimming time in the Ocean and more in the pool back on the ship later.

Wednesday was another day where we got up early to work out.  I ran on the ship's track that morning since the water's were calmer and had an amazing view of the sun rising.  Of course, the Garmin data is completely off as the ship was moving while I was running. But I'd estimate it was around 2.5 miles or so.  And then the stretching class again.

Thursday and Friday were active rest days with lots of walking.

Saturday was another day at sea and I had planned to do a longer run with half on the track and half on the treadmill.  However, the seas were rough and the wind was so high I could barely walk from one end of the track to the other.  So I ended up doing 6 miles on the treadmill, split up into 2 sessions with a break to refill my water bottle in between.  Thankfully they were showing Kung Fu Panda 2 so I was entertained :)  We also tried rock climbing on the ship's rock wall later that day.

Sunday was sadly time to get off the ship.  Since our flight was in the evening, we went back to Universal for some more theme park fun and lots of walking.

I hope that all of you had a great couple weeks as well!  I was completely unplugged while we were on the ship so it was an interesting experience.  I kind of enjoyed the feeling of being completely immersed in where we were at the time but I am glad to be able to check back in online too :)