Monday, October 12, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 14

Another week without much online time.  I had just come back from vacation and then had to travel to Boston for a work conference.  My boss had me scheduled for a ton of meetings while I was there so I didn't get to even read the blogs I follow while I was there, much less post any posts of my own.

Even worse, I did horrible at working out while I was in Boston. At least I got in a lot of walking while I was there.  But here is what I did get in this week.

Thursday evening was a reception at Fenway Park, which was about a mile from my hotel.  So I walked there and back instead of taking a shuttle. It was a nice walk in Boston and a fun reception.  I even got to see the World Series trophies.


Friday, I had some time between the end of the conference and having to leave for my flight.  I had met another girl who was also a runner so we decided to walk around and see more of the city, including going by the Boston Marathon finish line.


Unfortunately, my flight was late getting back to DC and it was past 1:30am by the time I got home.  I was exhausted on Saturday, so no working out but I did get in 2 naps!  And then Mike and I went out to see a circus sideshow type of variety show in the evening.


Finally, Sunday I got a run in.  I met up with a friend for a 10 mile run.  We went to the entrance to Rock Creek Trail that's close to my house and did 5 miles north on the trail, dropped of our coats in the car since it was getting warm, refilled our water bottles, and then did 5 miles south on the trail.  The second half was super hilly and therefore a bit slower, but I'm happy with the way the run went for the most part.


So that was my week.  I think things should be getting back to routine this week and I should be able to be more regular with working out and with blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment