Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 Races

Well, January is well underway and the cold winter weather has finally shown up.  We even had some snow start falling while I was on the track yesterday!


So I figure that means it's a good time to dream about some warmer parts of the year and also begin thinking about the races I plan to do later this year.  Doing 16 races in 2016 is not one of my goals this year but I still have a bunch of races I'm interested in.  And I'll probably do the nerd herd virtual race trilogy again as I enjoy their nerdy themes and cool medals


I'm also hoping to add in at least 2 races where I volunteer.

January - MCRRC New Year's Day 5k (review) and the MCRRC County Road 5 miler (Review)

February - (No races as I want to concentrate on training for my half but the County Road 5 miler is the last day of January, so that can count toward February)

March - Pacer's St. Patrick's Day 10k (deferral from last year's icy race - Review), RnR DC Half Marathon (Review) and the MCRRC Piece of Cake 5k

April - Oldfields Half Marathon (Since I'll be doing the RnR half with a friend, I wanted a half soon afterward that I could do for time) and Ben's Run 5k (Review)

May - Semper Fi 5k (since it's been my PR race the last 2 years! Review)

June - Lawyer's Have Heart 10k (Review) and Fit Foodie 5k (if it comes back to DC)

July -Riley's Rumble 8k (Review)

August -MCRRC Eastern County 8k Frederick Women's 5k (Review)

September - Muddy Mamas Mud Run PRR Perfect 10k (Review)

October -Army 10 Miler (Review)

November - Rock and Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon  (Review)

December -MCRRC Jingle Bell Jog 8k Race 13.1 Baltimore Half (Review)

So those are my races for now!  I'm sure it will fill in some more as the year goes along.  And I love that the MCRRC races I have on there are all free for members :) My 2015 race list has been updated with links to my reviews for each of the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment