Monday, January 11, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 5

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I certainly did with lots of time with friends but also managing to get in all my planned work outs for the week.  I feel like it's been a while since I managed to make that happen so I was pretty happy about that.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - I decided to join the MCRRC 5k training program just so I'd have some extra incentive to get out there to the track.  This was the first meeting of the group and I feel like I pushed myself which felt good.  I forgot to turn my watch back on for the last 4 laps we did so approximately a mile more than listed below.



Wednesday - Body pump express and 15 minutes on the elliptical.

Thursday - 3 miles at the gym


Friday - Body pump.  This was a full hour of body pump with my favorite instructor and I loved it!

Saturday - Rest day plus some recovery yoga.  This ended up being a busy day because we had a bunch of friends over to watch movies as well.  It was a great chance to hang out in a low key way.

Sunday - Met up with friends for 6 miles.  The morning started out with rain but by the time I got to my friend's house, the rain had stopped.  It was overcast and in the 50's which was nice.  But there was a really strong wind at points which made things difficult.  It was also super hilly.  After we finished, I got a fitbit alert that indicated it was the equivalent of climbing 75 flights of stairs!



So that was my week.  I hope you all had a good week as well.  The plan for this week is pretty much the same as last week. Also, I'm linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment