Monday, February 1, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 8

Week 8 of training went ok.  I got in 2 runs and 1 elliptical session as well as 1 yoga session but did not manage to get in any strength training.  Which ended up being a good thing because I have some weird pain in the inside of my elbow.  I think perhaps from shoveling?  It's getting better though so hopefully back to body pump this week.

Monday - Yoga by Adrienne

Tuesday - About 40 minutes on the elliptical since our street still wasn't plowed and I couldn't get out


Wednesday - Rest day and flying to Toronto.  I woke up to a plowed street, which was great news.

Thursday - Unplanned rest day. I meant to run on the hotel treadmill in the morning but I just could not get up in time.  I did have a lot of walking around Toronto since all of my meetings were downtown within a mile or so of each other.  And yes, the snow did follow me to Toronto.


Friday - Rest day

Saturday - Ran on Beach Drive with the 5k training group.  The blanket of snow really made it beautiful, but it was icy in spots.




Sunday - Ran 8 miles with friends on the Capital Crescent Trail. This time, I remembered in advance that the way back was all uphill so I didn't let it discourage me when the return was so much harder than the first 4 miles.  And I was happy that the trail was plowed so I didn't have to run in the same place as the day before :)


So that was it for last week.  I think the plan for this week is yoga today, running on the track tomorrow, body pump on Wednesday (if my arm feels better), the treadmill on Thursday, body pump on Friday and 9 miles on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great week too!  Also, I'm linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.



 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment