Monday, February 22, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 11

It's time for the weekly wrap up again!  I had a decent week though it did include 1 unplanned rest day.  But I had some beautiful runs this weekend to make up for it :)

Monday  - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - strength training at home

Thursday - a bit more than 40 minutes on the treadmill at the gym

Friday - unplanned rest day due to work being super busy.  Though we did get a chance to watch Kung Fu Panda 3 in the evening :)

Saturday - 11 mile long run.  This was a great morning for a run.  It started out a bit chilly but warmed up nicely.  We were on the Capital Crescent Trail and tried out the side north of Bethesda as well.  I've never gone that way before and didn't realize it was unpaved.  I'll probably stick to the paved section in the future but it was fun to at least give it a try since it was something new. And then Mike met up with me and we went to have a yummy brunch.


Sunday - MCRRC County Road 5 miler.  Another beautiful morning for a run and we finished right before the rain started.  This was another hilly course but I just kept trying to remind myself that it was good practice for RnR DC since that is a hilly course as well.  It was interesting running on tired legs since I don't usually run the day after a long run.  But that was also probable good practice. I also got to break out my new shoes that I plan to transition into so I can wear them for the race.  They're the same model shoe that I'm currently wearing, just a new pair.


So that was my week.  A lot of running on the weekend but thankfully otherwise a relaxing and low key weekend so I got a lot of relaxation in too.  And this week will be my last long run before RnR DC and then I start my taper!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment