Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Would You Rather

It's another gloomy, rainy day so I thought I'd try something lighthearted today and share more about myself.  Jessie at The Acquired Sass shared this list of "would you rather" questions and I thought it was a great idea.  So I'm going to steal her list to share a bit about myself :)

Would You Rather…

Be an amazing actress or singer?
  • I think a singer.  Though I suppose the best of both worlds would be to be good enough at both to be on Broadway :)
Go camping in the mountains for the weekend or get a hotel on the beach?
  • I'm definitely a hotel by the beach type of girl! I've gone camping and enjoyed it, but if I'm given a choice, it's definitely going to be swanky accommodations by the ocean for me.
  Though are last ocean adventure involved a cruise ship instead of a hotel

Have to sit all day or stand all day?

  • I'm going to have to go with stand for this one though I don't think either one is ideal. 
Have a night out on the town or night in with Netflix?
  • I'd like to say night out on the town but night in with Netflix is more realistic.  Actually, recently I've been enjoying hosting people at our house and having little gatherings.  That seems a nice balance of being able to socialize with friends without having to deal with the annoyances of going out.
Lose $1,000 or lose all of your phone contacts?
  • I'd rather lose my phone contacts.  That would be easier to replace.
Go by your first or middle name?
  • My first name.My middle name is my dad's first name and it's not something anyone has ever called me.
Go skiing/snowboarding or water-skiing?
  • Hmm...I haven't done much of either of these.  I think I'd go with water skiing just because it means being on the water and having warmer weather.  I've only tried it once when I was a teenager and I was barely able to get on my feet, but hopefully it would go better this time.
Have a kangaroo or koala as a pet?
  • Koala simply because I think they look cuter :)  I don't know much about either of these though.
I'm going to say my kitties are actually the best :)
 
Eat cookies or french fries?

  • Mmm.... french fries.  I love cookies too but if I had to choose, I'd go for the salty, fatty option.
Be hot all the time or cold all the time?
  • Ugh.  Neither of these sound fun but I'd rather be a bit too cold than too hot.  You can always add more layers or gloves or something.  But you can only take so much off.
Read the book or watch the movie?
  • Read the book.  Always.
Drink hot or iced coffee/tea?
  • Hot tea is my to-go. Usually chai lattes when I'm out but I'm still getting my monthly tea sparrow packages and I've really enjoyed experimenting with the various types of teas they send me.
Be able to exist healthily without food or without sleep?
  • I love both but I think I'd give up sleep first.  Food is about much more than sustenance for me.  I enjoy the flavors and social experiences that come with food too much to give them up even if I didn't have to eat to live.
Live in a small town or big city?
  • The city (though I currently live in a suburb of DC).  I grew up in a really small town in Ohio, left once I was 18, and never looked back.  I definitely prefer living in the city with all the options and opportunities it provides.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEizStZT0rphacTdd36EI8N9e4D4X8NHse8ND14BmHa-2G6cxfFWvok_Q1AkRadeVRikvV9T1TLhvBJ__dIDWn8uedQ3MvECYggrMxXINW5Ainn5kx5koAF_J4-wPo0I9NcZ39DCFmy4UcUw/s640/blogger-image-602977.jpg
I love being able to go to local races and see sights like this
Cook a gourmet meal at home or order take-out from an upscale restaurant?
  • Hmm... I'd say cooking.  Both sound great but I think there's an added satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment with cooking a great meal at home.
Wear pajamas or a dress suit everywhere, every day?
  • Definitely pajamas.  I wear suits to work when needed but they're never comfortable.
Have a year without paying taxes or an extra month of paid vacation?
  • Definitely no taxes for a year.  Then I could use that money however I wanted, which could very well include more vacation, but at least I'd have a choice.
Live without music or television?
  • I'd say without television.  I like being able to listen to music on runs and while in the car.  I think I could give up tv easier than giving up music.  We are thinking of cutting the cord on cable once our contract expires.
Take a European sight-seeing vacation or relaxing Caribbean vacation?
  • If I had to choose, I'd say I prefer Europe.  It's huge and provides so many different options within the continent.  It can include beach vacations as well as mountains and cities.  So it wins just for the variety.  We leave for vacation in Iceland next week and I'm super excited!

So that's my list of things I'd rather do.  Some of these were definitely hard to choose between. I'd love to hear what some of your answers would be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment