Monday, June 5, 2017

Heart Rate Training Week 2

I hope everyone had a great week!  My week was a bit busy last week but I managed to get in all my workouts so I'm pretty happy with it.  I only did 2 runs with heart rate training as this strangely turned out to be a 2 race week.  So for the races I just went with a comfortably hard pace and my usual intervals of 2 minutes running and 30 seconds of walking.  Here are the details.

Monday - It was a day off work for Memorial Day and I started the day with a local Memorial Day 4 mile race.  The start line was conveniently less then a mile from my house so I did a warm up jog to get there and meet some friends.  The start line was at a school so indoor registration and bathrooms were a nice perk.  And it was a Montgomery County Road Runners race so it was free for members.  Before the race, there was a really moving ceremony to remember fallen soldiers where everyone was given the name of a fallen soldier to read out loud.  Then the race itself started.  It was low key and started with a nice down hill leading to the Rock Creek Trail, which is a trail I run a lot so I'm pretty familiar with it.  A bit after mile 2, I noticed that another runner and I were running similar intervals so we chatted and ran the rest of the race together.  There was a pretty tough uphill on the way back and I'm pretty happy with the race, though it did end up a bit short of the 4 miles on my Garmin.

 

Tuesday - rest day with Runner's World recovery yoga

Wednesday - Strength Training at home

 

Thursday - Back to heart rate training with an interval run on the treadmill of 6 minutes in zone 4 and 2 minutes recovery repeated 4 times.

 

Friday - Easy run with 30 minutes in zone 2 and a 5 minute cool down.

 

Saturday - Zooma Annapolis 10k.  It was a fun race, full review to come later.  I ended up back home by 1pm which gave me some time to rest before heading out to a good-bye party for a friend in the evening.

 

Sunday - Body Pump at the gym.  Plus then Mike and I went out to see Wonder Woman later that afternoon.  I really enjoyed it!

 

So that was my week!  I'm pretty happy with getting in 4 runs, 2 strength training sessions and 1 yoga session.  Here's the plan for this week:

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - easy run
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - interval run
Friday - strength training
Saturday - interval run
Sunday - long run

I hope everyone else had a great week too!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin (and guest host Tutus and Tennies) for the Weekly Wrap.


 www.tutusandtennies.com


No comments:

Post a Comment