Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday Five Summer Workouts

It is Friday and I'm excited to leave for Annapolis later today!  A friend and I are making a girls weekend out of it so we'll head to the expo this afternoon and the 10k tomorrow morning.  But for now, it's time for the Friday Five 2.0 link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness.

This week's theme is Summer workouts so I'm going to talk about a couple things I hope to get done this Summer.

1.  Spin Class - I've been saying I want to try a spin class forever and I just haven't done it yet.  But Summer is the ideal time to try an indoor workout and I'm not specifically training for anything, so it's the perfect time to try something new.

2.  Outdoor yoga - The local town center is doing their free outdoor classes again.  I loved the outdoor yoga they had last year and want to make sure to make time for it this year.  There's something really calming about being able to do yoga outside.

A short run followed by outdoor yoga last year

3.  Local races - Montgomery County Road Runners has a lot of fun races for the Summer that are free for members.  I did a f miler with them on Memorial Day and they have a couple 8ks in July and August.  8k is a bit of an unusual distance so that's always fun.

 
Riley's Rumble 8k is on my list for this year again

4.  The beach - we're hoping to get back to a nearby bay beach this year.  I always love our little day trips down.  And one of my running friends is interested in coming this time so the two of us are hoping to do a morning run along the beach before hopping in the water.

 
Last year's day at North Beach

5.  Body Pump - I haven't been to body pump all year until last Sunday.  I was so sore!  I really want to make it a regular part of my routine again and as mentioned earlier, Summer is an ideal time for indoor work outs in the air condition :)

No comments:

Post a Comment