Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Five - last week's workouts

Yikes!  It's Friday and I haven't even posted my weekly review from last week.  This week has been really busy but one of those types of busy where I'm not even sure what I've gotten done or accomplished.  That's the worst.  But since it is Friday, I'm going to combine my weekly review with the Friday Five hosted by Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness.

1.  Tuesday - strength training.  I tried out a new strength training video and while it didn't feel tough at the time, I was sore for a couple days afterwards.  It was a lot of squats and lunges!

 

2.  Wednesday - Threshold run with a 10 minute warm up, 15 minutes in zone 4, and 15 minutes in zone 2.

  

3.  Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym

 

4.  Saturday - Tried out a spin class for the first time with the free introductory class at Zengo.  I really enjoyed it and it was a great combo of cardio and strength!  Though my quads ended up really sore the next couple days.

5.  Sunday - Met up with a friend to do 6 miles.  We were on a shady trail which was nice but it was super humid.  I felt like I was dripping sweat within the first mile.

 

So that was last week.  This week has been going well too and I've been getting in my workouts in spite of work being busy.  I'm hoping to get back on track with the blogging (writing and reading) so you should be hearing more from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment