Sunday, July 30, 2017

Heart Rate Training Week 9

 I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I took the time to relax and recharge this weekend, which was much needed.  But first, here is the rest of the week.

Monday - Rest day with a 20 minute walk

 
Beautiful sky during my walk

Tuesday - Strength training with the FitStar app

 
This one was tough, lots of frowny faces

Wednesday - Threshold run in the morning...it was a warm up and then 15 minutes in zone 4, 2 minutes recovery, another 15 minutes in zone 4 and then a cool down.  This was a challenging but fun run :)

 

Thursday - Easy recovery workout with 45 minutes on the elliptical machine at the gym.

 

Friday - Unplanned rest day... I was just so tired that I figured a rest day was in order.

Saturday - Strength training with FitStar.

 

I also still felt really exhausted, physically and mentally.  So I decided to take a morning for myself.  No electronics, no news, no email.  I made my favorite tea, put on some relaxing music, and caught up on some fun reading on the couch.  I also did some yoga later in the day.  It was exactly what I needed!

 

Sunday - Riley's Rumble 8k.  I had a great time doing this one with friends.  More details on it later in the week.

 

Here are my workout plans for this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - strength training
Wednesday - easy run before going to work in the morning
Thursday - interval run at the gym after work
Friday - strength training
Saturday - Long run
Sunday - threshold run

I hope everyone else had a great week too!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin (and guest host Confessions of a Mother Runner) for the Weekly Wrap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment