Thursday, December 28, 2017

Year of Running 2017

I can't believe that 2017 is almost over!  The year has really flown by.  Before the year ends for good, I wanted to look back at my year and running so I'm joining up with Courtney's link up.

Eat Pray Run DC

  • Best race experience: This is a close one between the Nationwide Columbus Half Marathon and the Disneyland Avenger's Half Marathon.  They were both great races but Columbus ended up having unseasonably warm weather.  So I'm going with the Avenger's Half.
 
  • Best run: The run that sticks out in my mind is the 15 miler I did in DC.  I loved having my running buddy back in town, and I loved the scenic route I had come up with.  Plus, it was great weather that day and we ended the run at a yummy place for brunch.
 
  • Best new piece of running gear: Oh man, I'm not sure.  I did get a new Garmin in June and it allowed me to start training by heart rate.  I feel like that really helped make easy runs more enjoyable so I'm going to go with the Garmin 335. 

  • Best running advice you’ve received this year: To have faith in yourself.  I wasn't sure I could do a full marathon but I wanted to try anyway.  And each long run I finished help erase doubts along the way.
 
  • Most inspirational runner:  I'm sure a lot of people will say this but it was definitely Shalane this year.  Watching her win the NYC Marathon was so inspirational!
 
  • Favorite picture from a run or race this year: I like this finish line photo from the Thor 10k
  • Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: Nationwide Columbus Half Marathon.  I loved the organization, the course support, and the way the children's hospital was so involved with the race.  It was a really inspirational race.  It helps that I have family and friends in Columbus too :)
 
  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? Slow and Steady.  I've really slowed down this year and I want to work on changing that in the future, but I've been happy with slow and steady this year.  I feel like my running has been more regular this year and I've exceeded past year's mileage by around 200 miles.  I also had my first 100 mile month!
So that's my year in running!  A couple additional stats, I had 11 races this year.  I ran in 3 new states (races in California and Ohio plus running while I was in Hawaii).  And my total miles for the year should be around 700.  

I hope everyone else had a great year of running in 2017 too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment