Friday, January 3, 2014

It's a beginning

I started my running journey around the middle of last year. Now that I've gotten a little further into it, I figure a blog would be a great way to start documenting this journey. I have several purposes I'd like to achieve with this blog. The first is to simply keep a record of my running, hopefully my progress, races, thing that work or don't work, etc. shadows at the national mall A journey begins...

The second reason I'm doing this as a blog is community. After all, I could just keep a journal in a notebook otherwise. I've learned so much from reading other people's running blogs and they've been so helpful! I also love the sense of community that I've seen and experienced through these blogs and the comments. Everyone is so supportive! Is want to contribute more to this community than just comments. And I am still at the beginning of my journey so hopefully I can help out other people that might be at a similar stage :)

A little about me... I'm 36 years old and live in a suburb of Washington, DC. I started running as part of a quest to improve my health. I'd gained 20 pounds since my wedding and just tested high for cholesterol. This was not acceptable! In addition to running, I joined weight watchers since we had meetings at work and I've lost 13 pounds with them so far. One more pound and I'll have lost 10% of my starting weight. I've been a vegetarian my while life but a diet of pizza and pasta is definitely not a healthy one!

I've done three 5k races since I started running. I'm a pretty slow runner but I'm working on distance and endurance now, speed later. I'll have another post soon about my goals for races this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment