Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekly review

So I only got in 2 days of running this week because of the snow at the beginning of the week. Our Tuesday track workout was cancelled because the school was still closed. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at home instead. 

Wednesday was a strength training workout from Fitocracy again. I should probably move up a level next week because I'm not feeling any soreness afterward any more.



Thursday, I ran on the treadmill after work.  It went ok but it felt a little tough, probably because I hadn't run since the previous Thursday. I also think I might not have eaten enough before working out that day. I was supposed to run 6 intervals of 6 minutes running and 1 minute walking. I ended up doing that for intervals 1, 2, 5 and 6 but ran only 5 minutes for intervals 3 and 4.



Saturday was the day I volunteered for the trail marathon/50k. I had planned to do some yoga after getting home but I was wiped from standing in the sun for hours so it didn't happen. Sunday, we had our long run.  We were on the capital crescent trail and it was a beautiful morning. We saw two deer cross the trail in front of us at one point.  We did 6 intervals of 10 minutes running and 1 minute walking.  Runkeeper unfortunately didn't work but one of the coaches said it was around 4.5 miles. The 10/1 intervals went much better than I thought it would. The first five intervals went well but I stopped early on the last interval, probably around minute 9.

And for fun, here's a photo of Perry's favorite new spot to hang out. It's as high as he can possibly get in the house, as displayed by his tail hitting the ceiling.



I hope everyone had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment