Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Five - places I'd like to run

It's time for another Friday Five link up with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar. This week's theme is places I'd like to run and boy, do I have a lot of them!  But I'll limit it to five for now :)


1. I love the beach, and I love tropical beaches the best!  I'd love to combine a beach vacation with a race one day. Maybe the Kauai half marathon?


Our last beach vacation was in Belize and it was amazing.

2. I went to Alaska on a family vacation when I was a teenager and it was stunning. I don't know if I've ever seen another place that was so awe inspiringly beautiful. I'd love to go back and combine the trip with a race. I've been reading about the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon and it sounds great.

3.  I still have a lot of family in India and it would be great to see them while racing :) I'd also love to see how races are different in Asia.  A race in Mumbai would be ideal.

Dealing with the traffic in India would definitely be a unique challenge!

4. I just read that there was some confirmation that there could be a half marathon at Disneyland Paris next year. I would love to be able to do that one some day.

5. I can't forget that I live near a city that people travel from far to see. And as I saw with the Nike Women's Half Marathon, people come to race here too.  I've done a lot of my running in the suburbs but I definitely plan on doing one of the big DC races next year, either RnR or Nike hopefully.


That's it for me today!  I have a big weekend ahead of me and hopefully lots of fun.  I hope you have the same for your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment