Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday five - things about me

It's Friday and time for another Friday Five link up worth Mar, Cynthia and Courtney.  I'm working from home today, which I love partly because I get to work while cuddling cats.  Though I'm a bit miffed with them currently, as you'll see below.


1.  I mentioned last week that I was a fan of the health at every size (HAES) philosophy but I've also mentioned that I'm trying to lose weight.  This might sound a little inconsistent but the weight I was at was not healthy for me.  I've had high cholesterol since I was a teenager and lower weight as well as eating healthy and working out helps the cholesterol stay somewhat in control.  And I've been concentrating on the things in my control (food and activity) instead of focusing on the weight.

2.  The high cholesterol thing is a little bizarre since I've been a vegetarian my whole life.  My parent are vegetarian and raised my brother and me that way.  It's pretty easy for me since I've never had meat and therefore don't know what I'm missing! My mother also has high cholesterol and she doesn't eat cheese or eggs.  So I'm pretty sure this is a genetic thing.

3.  I love my kitties but they've been crazy lately.  They have numerous little spats throughout the day and Shelby has been trying to get in the bedroom in the middle of the night.  Someone shared this on Facebook and it is sadly true.


The sound of Shelby's people is loud meowing and crashing sounds as she throws her body against the door trying to open it.

4.  World Cup fever... I do not have it.  My Facebook feed is very amusing during the games as I can pretty much tell whether the US is losing or winning just based on the comments.  Who need to actually watch!?!  Also, work apparently gave up on people actually working through the game yesterday.  They set up big screens in the cafeteria, had free food, and people gathered together to cheer on the US team. Even our CEO was down there. I only know this through hearsay since I stayed at my desk.

5.  I just learned one of my cousins is getting married in India next February.  I'm trying to juggle and vacation days to see if I can make it over there for the wedding.  It's such a long flight that it really doesn't feel worth it unless I can stay more than a week.  Hopefully I can make it work.  If so, you know the next step is to see if there's a race going on while I'm there!

151_edited-1

This is one of the many interesting sights we saw the last time we were in India.

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment