Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Five things I'm going to do this summer

It's time for the Friday Five wiht the DC Trifecta again! I'm happy to be back after missing last week. The theme for this week is 5 things I'm going to do this summer.  I've definitely got a big list but here are some starting points!

1. Train for my Fall races! I have my first half marathon in November and my first 10 miler in October.  The October race will be in Disney World so I'm sure it will be hot and humid.  I definitely have to train in the summer for both of those.  I'm looking forward to the Potomac River Running training group that will be starting later this month.

2.  Go to the beach.  I love the ocean and we don't have any beach plans in the schedule yet.  But we have to make it happen as it's one of my happy places.  It may be just a day trip but that will at least give me a bit of a fix. And we got a tent so definitely some camping this year. Maybe even camping near the beach?


3. Enjoy our yard a bit more. We bought a house 2 years ago and it has an actual yard and everything.  I want to spend mornings on the back patio drinking tea and afternoons gardening so we have produce from the garden in our meals.  I might be romanticizing this a bit and it might end up being more about mosquitos and heat, but I do want to take advantage of the space we have. Hopefully have people over for backyard grilling once or twice.

4. Spend some time with my niece and nephew as they're growing up so fast! He's 13 so a teenager now, which is crazy. They live in New Jersey so I don't get to see them too often but I already have plans to meet up with them and their parents in Philadelphia one weekend.

5.  Take advantage of some of the amazing street festivals and fairs in the DC area. Summer's a wonderful time for that.  I'm looking forward to this year's Smithsonian Folklife Festival. 2 of the countries they're showcasing this year are China and Kenya.

I hope you all have fun plans for the summer too! I'm determined to make it a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment