Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekly review

I'm back from celebrating the 4th of July in Ohio.  We had a great weekend but it's always great to come home as well. It was a pretty good workout week as well. Monday was a rest day.  I didn't get a chance to go to yoga on Tuesday because work was busy but I did some strength training in the evening.  Wednesday was supposed to be a track workout with my training group but there was lightning on the way home so I skipped it for yoga. This meant my runs were concentrated toward the end of the week.

Thursday was a run on the treadmill at work.  I rushed a but since that was the night we were flying out. However, our flight ended up cancelled about at least we were able to reschedule for the first flight the next morning and we found out before we left for the airport.


Friday was another rest day.  However, we did go with my brother to take his dog for a walk.  We came across a strange little playground with a mini rockclimbing wall for kids and we played around there for a while.


Saturday morning I went to a park by my parents house with my dad and brother. There was a paved 1 mile path where I ran.  It was a lovely area with plenty of people, bathrooms and water fountains.  There was also half mile off shoot loops by the river and in the forest which added some interest to the run.


Sunday, my dad and I returned to the park to try a different trail.  This one was labeled as "moderate difficulty" and it was grass and dirt.  It was definitely more challenging than the paved path from the day before and had uneven surfaces. But it was beautiful.


I had forgotten my garmin so I used runkeeper.  I think it was a little off but I probably ended up doing 4.7 or 4.8 miles.  If so, that's more like 14.25 minutes per mile.  That makes sense as it was definitely slower on this trail than on the paved path the day before.


I loved exploring this park.  My dad and brother hadn't been there before but both said that they're going to go there more often now.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment