Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekly review

I had a good work-out week in that I did all my workouts and put in a good effort, but I'm in some pain today!  I might not have thought this week through that well. Here's the summary.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - yoga class at the gym
Wednesday - rest day
Thursday - speed work on the treadmill but I forgot my knee brace so that made it a bit tougher.  I could feel the pain in my knee initially but afterward, it was my other quad that hurt.  That leg may have been compensating for my knee.


Friday - My right thigh was super sore still on this day so I just did some light yoga stretches and strength training exercises.
Saturday - ok, here is where my judgment faltered a bit.  I had plans to do the glo run 5k with friends. I decided that I would just take it easy and treat it as my third run for the week, but still go for my long run Sunday morning.  I'll do a full review of the Glo Run later this week but we had a great time!


Sunday - I woke up and my legs felt tired, plus my quads were really tight.  I almost talked myself out of going for the long run with the training run but I'm happy to say that I made it.  It was not too hot but the humidity was above 90% again. I had someone to run with for the first 5 miles, which was great.  It really made the first part of the run go by easier.  We did 2.5 miles out and then 2.5 miles back on the C&O canal tow path, though a different stretch than last week.  We did go past Great Falls so took a photo break.


When we finished five miles, I filled up my water bottle and went out again in the other direction on the path.  The plan was to go 1.5 miles out and 1.5 back for a total of 8 for the morning.  But it was more like 1 and 1 so I got a total of 7.  I was just too tired to do more and a blister was forming on the bottom of my left toe, but I'm happy that I made it 7 and didn't skip out completely.  


My legs are sore so I did do a lot of stretching, foam rolling and icing after the run.  I'm glad that today is a rest day!  The plan this week is yoga on Tuesday, track work on Wednesday, yoga on Thursday, run on Friday, rest on Saturday and a long run on Sunday. I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment