Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekly review

It's been a busy but good week and leading into another one.  I'm just stopping in for a quick update on my workouts last week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - track workouts.  I couldn't quite figure out the right pace for this weeks speed work.  It was supposed to be 2 sets of 2000 (or 5 laps around the track) with 2 to 3 minutes of rest in between. I definitely went out too fast on the first set and couldn't really finish the second set.  I ended up doing 1 set of 2000, 1 set of 800, and 1 set of 400.



Thursday - yoga class.  The teacher started the class by saying she was pushing her boundaries and making herself uncomfortable so she planned to do some of her least favorite poses in the class!  It was definitely an interesting class.

Friday - this was the day we left for our camping trip so there was some hiking in the afternoon.  I met and exceeded my goal of 10,000 steps per day.

Saturday - quick run around the camp ground with a friend in the morning plus lots of walking during the day.  This was a super hilly run.



Sunday - did my long run with a friend at a trail at Susquehana state park.  It was a fairly easy trail that went along the Susquehana river.  It was mostly flat, dirt and gravel or wooden boardwalk.  This was around 9 miles and I'm excited to say I felt pretty good both during the run and afterward!



I'm on a work trip this week so am not sure how my workout are going to go.  I'm going to try to at least get 2 runs in during the trip and will be back in time for my long run on the weekend.  Hopefully I can fit in some yoga during the trip too.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment