Friday, December 19, 2014

Holiday traditions

Yay, it's Friday again and less than a week from Christmas!  I'm definitely looking forward to the break this year. And it's time for the Friday Five again with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia.  Today's theme is Holiday traditions.


1. Travel - we don't have a lot of what most people would consider holiday traditions because we travel every Christmas.  We alternate between visiting Mike's parents in Atlanta and mine in Ohio. We have gotten very experienced with flying around the holidays.

2. Cooking - my brother and I always cook a holiday meal together.  We take this as an opportunity to try out new things and just have fun together. This year, I think I'm going to experiment with jack fruit tacos.

3. Games - both of our families are into playing board games and card games.  I'm excited because we've already got some new games for Christmas and it'll be fun to try them out.



4. Birthday party - Mike's niece was born right and Christmas so we started a new tradition last year and that is a birthday party for her.  A one year old's birthday party was quite the experience!  It was fun to watch all the kids running around having fun.  We'll miss it this year but I'm looking forward to it next year. This is her when we visited shortly after her birth.


5. Zoo lights - this is another new tradition. We really enjoyed it when we went to the one here.  We haven't had time to do it this year but I saw that there's a similar event at the zoo in Columbus so we'll hit it while we're there and the tradition can continue!

And of course, there's always dressing the cats up in their holiday best!  Here's Shelbly looking very dapper in a bow tie.


I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment