Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Five - a Day in my Life

Hi everyone.  It's Friday and the day before the Rock and Roll DC Half!  I'm excited for this weekend.  I'm heading out to the expo later today and then meeting Mike at a downtown hotel so that race weekend logistics become a little easier.

Friday also means it's time for the Friday Five link up with Mar, Cynthia and Courtney.  This week's theme is a day in your life.  My life is pretty staid but I'm going to go ahead and talk about my typical Thursday since that was just yesterday and fresh in my mind :)


1.  Commute - I live pretty close to work, which is awesome given the traffic in this area.  We only have one car so Mike and I share part of the commute.  We leave the house around 7:10 and I drop him off at the metro stop on my way to work. I enjoy our time in the car together to start the morning. Once I drop him off, I finish the drive to my office and generally am at my desk by 7:45.

2.  Food - I have  horrible habit of eating at my desk.  I know that's not too healthy but it's convenient.  I generally bring in breakfast from home (some sort of oatmeal-y thing) and try to usually bring lunch from home too.


3. Working out - Thursdays are generally work out days.  It's convenient because we have a gym in the basement at work.  It's not fancy but it's easy, cheap, and does the job.  I generally do a 5k on the treadmill Thursday after work.


4. Friends - We have a bunch of friends that go to a regular happy hour in DC on Thursdays.  I don't get there every week but I try to make it at least 2-3 times a month.  It's always a fun, low-key time catching up with people. I generally get there around 7:30 or so and have dinner there as well.

5.  Home - And then Mike and I head home to cuddle with kitties, often the best part of any day :) 

Here's Perry after he climbed into my lap to contemplate the hard life of a house cat.

 On evenings that I don't go to happy hour and am at home earlier, I'll take the time to make an easy dinner.  Another bad habit, we tend to eat dinner on the couch in front of the tv.  I'll also take evening time to read a book, work on blog posts, or work on other projects like knitting, editing photos, doing my nails, etc.  I generally head to bed by 10pm and call that a day.

And speaking of nails, my nails are at least ready for the half marathon tomorrow!


I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment