Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekly review




I hope that everyone's week is starting out well! I'm a day late with my weekly review but it's here now :) Last week was a pretty good week and a nice mix of being productive and relaxing.  In fact, there may have even been a Star Wars movie marathon in my basement Saturday afternoon where I did nothing more than watch movies. But we all need days like that once in a while.

As far as work outs, here's my list.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Ran on the treadmill at work

 Wednesday - DDP Yoga

Thursday - Running on the treadmill at work again.  This was my attempt at speed work so it was a 1600, a 1200, an 800 and 2 400s with a half lap walk as recovery in between each set.


Friday - strength training (squats, planks, bridges, push-ups, crunches, calf raises, jumping jacks)

Saturday - I went to my first Pure Barre class.  It was definitely interesting.  I'm not sure of my final verdict yet but I'm going to give it a try with a couple different teachers and then see what I think.

Sunday - Barre was definitely a work out and I was sore in my abs.  So sore that I didn't end up going for a run since I was worried about being able to maintain any sort of decent form.  I did attempt the elliptical for a bit but that didn't last too long.  I also managed to get in about a 30 minute walk outside.


So I've learned my lesson.  Next week, it's running on Saturday and barre on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment