Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Five - favorite summertime drinks

It is time for the Friday 5 link up with Mar, Cynthia and Courtney!  This is a great link up and I love checking out the posts each week.  It also helps that it signifies the end of the work week :)  This week's theme is Favorite Summer Drinks, so here we go.


1.  I think it's been well established that I love brunch :)  And while coffee is great, I'm more apt to go for a mimosa during summer brunches.  A good mimosa is definitely a refreshing accompaniment to a delicious brunch.


2.  I've talked about making shrubs before, and I love them especially in the Summer. The tart fruitiness mixed with bubbly water makes for a wonderful summer drink. I shared my blackberry ginger shrub before.


3.  Mmm... I love chai lattes.  And I love getting them iced in the Summer.  Thinking about treating myself with one of these is pretty much all that kept me going through my long runs last summer.


4.  And speaking of long runs, I definitely go through a lot of nuun in the Summer.  I love popping one of these in my water before a run since it gives electrolytes with few calories.  And in the summer heat and humidity, I use them for short runs too.



5.  Iced tea has been one of my pleasures recently.  I've been loving the delicious teas I get monthly from Tea Sparrow and these past 2 months, they've been sending teas that are as good (or better) iced as hot.  I got this month's shipment earlier this week and can't wait to try all the flavors, quince green tea, ginger peach black tea, strawberry mint herbal tea and a vanilla honeybush rooibos.


I hope everyone had a great week and has plans for a fun weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment