Monday, July 20, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 2

This week went pretty well. It also went by really quickly, which I guess is the usual sign of a busy week.  Here are the workouts for the past week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - met my old running group at the track.  I ran a mile with them to warm up, and then did some 400s on my own.  It ended up being a beautiful evening, not too hot, and the speed work went well. We finished up with a cool down walk while we chatted and finished catching up.



Wednesday - rest day, with runners world recovery yoga and foam rolling

Thursday - running on the treadmill at the gym since I had a free pass for the week



Friday - Jillian Michael's yoga

Saturday - 8k twilight race.  Super hot and another super slow race :( the recap should be up later this week.



Sunday - I went back to the gym to try out a class.  They had something called Bang Power Fitness that I had never heard of so I gave it a try.  Wow, it was such a fun class!  And I felt like I got a great workout. It was a dance fitness class with weighted gloves (optional) set to hip hop music.  It was high energy, really positive, and a lot of fun.  I wasn't planning to join this gym but I'm actually considering it just for this class.

I hope you all had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment