Monday, August 10, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 5

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I had a wonderful week in general but also a really good week of training.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - It started raining as soon as I left work.  I was supposed to do my track run today but due to the rain, I switched up my workouts and did strength training instead.

Wednesday - I was going to do my track run today but the track was being used by the school.  So instead, I ran in a neighborhood near the school.  I was kind of running randomly without a route planned out but it ended up being a fun exploratory run.  I ended up on some dead ends where the sidewalk just stopped but I also discovered some cool historical points of interest.



Thursday- I ran on the treadmill at the gym and did a 1600, a 1200, an 800 and a 400.

Friday- I went back to the gym for a morning yoga class.  I really enjoy this class since it's a 75 minute class.  That allows a lot of time at the end for stretching and practicing various more challenging poses.  I actually managed to get into crow for a couple milliseconds.


Saturday - I had a wonderful time meeting a bunch of DC area bloggers in person at a brunch organized by Courtney, Mar and Cynthia.  It was so nice to be able to meet people in person instead of just through the screen.


After that bit of indulgence, I met a friend at the gym.  I did a 25 minute warm up on the elliptical and then about 30 minutes of strength training.



Sunday - I met some friends in the morning for a run on the same trail we were on a couple weeks ago.  It was nice that it was still kind of new but I was more familiar with it this time around and knew what to expect. I did 3 miles with my friends and then finished up with another 3.5 miles on my own.  I ran stairs twice and forced my self to do a bunch of hills at various access points to the trail.




After the run, I went home and my husband prepared a lovely brunch for us that we were able to enjoy outside with our new patio furniture.


So that was my week!  My trailing plans for this week should be similar.  Today is a rest day, tomorrow is a track run, Wednesday will be strength training, Thursday will be a treadmill run, Friday will be a yoga class, Saturday will be my long run and Sunday will be strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment