Monday, October 26, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training - week 16

It's taper time :) And this week went much better with the working out. I feel like I'm finally getting back into my routine after the vacation and work travel.  It's been a beautiful week weather wise but a bit tough on my sinuses so I've been doing mostly indoor work outs.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - body pump plus about 20 minutes on the elliptical split between before and after the class.


Wednesday - rest day with a walk in the evening since I was sore from going back to body pump after an absence.

Thursday - treadmill time at the gym.


Friday - yoga (random choice from you tube, it was only ok) plus a walk around the neighborhood.

Saturday - around 35 minutes on the elliptical plus walking around the expo for the MCM 10k packet pick up


Sunday - MCM 10k!  The race went great in spite of the rain and I'll be doing a full recap later this week.  But I had about a 4 minute PR so I was pleased with how this went.  Plus brunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe later. We really enjoyed the food here. I had an fried egg sandwich that had a jalapeno aioli that was amazing.  It really made the sandwich.  And a Bloody Mary that was the best I've had in a while. I love that the garnish was a pickled okra.


So that was my week.  I hope you all had a great week as well!  The plan for this week is body pump on Tuesday, running on Wednesday and Thursday, body pump on Friday, and a 6 miles or so run on  Saturday. Sunday I'm flying out for another work trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment