Monday, January 4, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 4

I hope everyone had a wonderful start to the new year! It was a fun but exhausting week for me but I feel positive about the workouts I got in.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - Body pump express plus 10 minutes on the elliptical


Thursday - Running in my neighborhood with a friend.  This run did not go so well because I had a hard time breathing in the cold air.  We actually had to stop by the house so I could use my inhaler.  But things were much better after that and we did a couple hill repeats for good measure.


Friday - MCRRC New Year's Day 5k. This is the 3rd year I've done the race and it is such a great way to start out the year.  It was in a different location this year which I wasn't a fan of but I'll do a full recap later this week. Plus my parents came into town to visit for the weekend.


Saturday - 40 minute yoga for strength training from Yoga With Adriene's you tube channel.

Sunday - rest day. I was hoping to go for a run but things got off to a late start with my parents and then I just ended up exhausted by the time they left to go home.  But I'm happy with the work outs I had earlier in the week and I feel like I really needed the extra rest this week!

Here's looking forward to the first full week of 2016!  My plan is to hit the track on Tuesday, body pump on Wednesday, run on the treadmill Thursday, body pump on Friday, and meet up with friends for a 6 mile run on Sunday.

I'm linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.
http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment