Monday, February 15, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 10

This week has been all about adapting for me.  There was a lot of cold weather and some snow so I pretty much took everything indoors.  I also had some friends visiting from out of town and got a hotel room downtown to spend time with them for the weekend.  We had a great time but definitely looked for more indoor fun.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - elliptical


Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - around 3miles on the treadmill



Friday - 15 minute warm up on the elliptical plus 45 minutes of weight training at the hotel gym with one of my friends.

Saturday - I was going to run around the mall for my long run but given the sub-freezing temperatures and high wind advisory, I decided to keep it indoors again.  The hotel gym equipment was sadly kind of rickety and I didn't really want to try doing 10 miles on their treadmill.  So I just did a variety of things and ended up with 45 minutes on the treadmill, 45 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes on the bike. A friend and I also took a belly dance class in the afternoon.  I definitely felt that in my abs the next morning.


Sunday - I tried out a yoga class with a new instructor and really enjoyed it.

It's snowing again today but I think that it should be warmer by tomorrow and I'm looking forward to getting outside again :)  So that was my week. I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.
 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment