Sunday, March 20, 2016

Oldfields Half Marathon training - week 2

This was a pretty good week, with great weather during the week though it took a turn back toward Winter over the weekend.  Also, I realized I made a mistake with my training plan. I prepared the plan for Rock and Roll DC, not realizing at the time I was going to turn that into a training run and use an April half as my goal race.  So I didn't really have a plan this week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - 30 minute walk around the sculpture garden since I happened to be downtown for a colleague's retirement lunch plus body pump in the evening.


Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical


Friday - rest day

Saturday - yoga with Adriene, strength training

Sunday - as mentioned, I didn't really have a plan.  I figured I'd do a 9-10 mile run.  But once I saw the weather, I decided to take it indoors to the gym.  And then I saw they had a body pump class while I was there.  So I did 3 miles on the treadmill, took the body pump class, and then jumped back on the treadmill for another 3 miles after class.  Those last three miles were tough but I made it.


I belatedly realized the photo of the first treadmill set didn't include the time, it was around 39 minutes I think.

So for this week, I'm planning to run in the neighborhood on Tuesday, body pump on Wednesday, running on the treadmill on Thursday, body pump on Friday, yoga on Saturday and a 10 mile run on Sunday.

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.
 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment