Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekly review

This week went pretty well.  Still not that much running, but I got some decent work outs in.  And we had a weekend trip to Atlanta for my father-in-law's 60th birthday so got in some family time as well.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - body pump.  I increased my weights for this class since I'm not currently training for anything and want to work on my strength training more diligently.



Wednesday - rest day.  I had meant to go for a run this evening but was so sore from body pump that it hurt just to sit down and get up.

Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical


Friday - Back to body pump.  I used the same increased weight levels and was not that sore the next day.  Yay, progress!

Saturday - rest day but with lots of walking around the aquarium in Atlanta.  We were there with our 3 year old niece among other family members and we hung out with them afterward as well.  It was so much fun to watch her and the joy she took in just running for fun.  She would just run around the yard for no reason other than she enjoyed it.  We also played with bubbles and she couldn't stop smiling as she ran around chasing bubbles.  It was great to see and a reminder that running really does start out as just fun for a lot of us when we were kids.

Sunday- My first run in like 2 weeks.  I decided to just go out for a 30 minute, easy run in my father-in-law's neighborhood.  And I didn't use my Garmin.  I did turn on Runkeeper so I could have some stats but then kept the phone in my pocket.


So that was my week.  We had a great week overall and I'm looking forward to the same this week.  My plan should be similar, body pump on Tuesday and Friday, running on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.  I'm also planning to go out dancing with a friend on Saturday so looking forward to that.

I hope you all had a good week too!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment