Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday 5 - 2016 goals check in

I hope everyone had a good week.  It's been a bit up and down for me but I'm glad that the weekend is almost here.  And that means that it's time for the Friday 5 link up with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney.  Since we're past the half way mark in the year, I figured I'd take a look at the goals I wanted to work on this year and any progress made toward them.

1.  3 half marathons - I've only done 1 so far but I have one planned in November and one planned in December.  I know I'm leaving them until late in the year but I don't deal well with the heat so it seemed for the best.  So I'm still working on this one and it should be accomplished.

RnR DC, my one and only half so far this year

2. Run a 5k without a walk break - I'm getting closer on this one.  I've been managing to get to the 20 minute/2 mile mark on hilly 5ks before taking a walk break.  So I think I should be able to get to this one too.  But it's on pause during the Summer as well.  I'm adding the walk breaks back in for now.

Ben's Run was hilly and rainy but I got to about 20 minutes before taking a walk break

3. Tracking all runs, including treadmill runs - I've been doing horribly on this one.  I just haven't been taking the time to go back in and manually put the information into the Garmin site.  It hasn't felt like a priority, but I wanted to make it one mainly for the purpose of tracking miles on my shoes.

4. New fitness activities - This is another one I haven't made progress on yet.  But it's Summer now and this is generally the time I look for more indoor activities to try out.  So I'll make it a priority to try some new things in the upcoming months.  I think Orange Fitness or a cycling class is at the top of my list.

5. Cooking - This was a 2 part goal in that I wanted to try a new recipe every month and put it on the blog.  I've actually been pretty good about trying new recipes but I've been bad about blogging about it afterward!  I did it January through April but nothing in May or June.  I'm still happy because the main part of the goal, getting excited about cooking again, was accomplished.  However, I will try to be better about blogging about the food for the rest of the year.
 
 
The last new recipe I blogged about was cheesy polenta with tomatoes and spinach

So that's the update on my goals.  There are several that still have a lot of progress to be made but I think I'll accomplish most of them.  The tracking my mileage goal seems like a lost cause at this point though.

No comments:

Post a Comment