Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Weekly review

I'm back!  I had a rejuvenating two weeks with camping with friends the last weekend in June and spending time with friends in NYC and New Jersey with family this past weekend.  There are unfortunately still horrible things going on in the world but at least I feel better equipped to deal with it.

I did a lot of hiking when we were camping and my foot seemed to hold up well.  So I resumed exercising last week and I think it's going well.  I also think I figured out why my foot was hurting and I'm going with my work shoes.  I hadn't taken a good look at them until last week and they are really worn on the outside, to the point that the shoes are uneven.  I've ordered new work shoes and they should hopefully be here this week.

Thursday- about 35 minutes on the elliptical at the gym (I dropped something at accidentally stopped the machine around 11 minutes so the photo doesn't reflect the entire time)


Friday - another rest day to see how my feet reacted to working out again.  Plus, we drove up to New Jersey, parked at the NJ Transit station and took the train into the city.  With the traffic, we didn't get to our hotel until around 10pm.

Saturday - I woke up early and checked out the hotel gym.  It was beautiful and had a great visa of Times Square.  They even had the Life Fitness machines that let you pick trails around the world and it looks like you're on the trails as you run.  I chose some trails in New Zealand, that I will probably never get to see in real life.


I did 40 minutes of cardio and then about 30 minutes of weights.  We also had lots of walking around the city and catching the matinee of Shuffle Along on Broadway with half price tickets.


Sunday - Swimming with my niece and nephew plus a 30 minute walk with my niece in the morning.

I hope everyone has been having a great couple weeks and I'm planning to try to catch up on blog reading later today.  My cardio has all been on the elliptical but I'm hoping to go out for an actual run tomorrow now that my foot feels better and I have new shoes on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment