Monday, July 18, 2016

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a good week!  Mine was a bit of a mixed bag with it starting out well but ending badly.

Monday - Rest day with a post dinner walk with Mike.  We've been playing Pokemon Go and it's gotten him more interested in taking walks with me :)

Tuesday - rest day with another post dinner walk.  The extra pokemon steps meant I got more than 13,000 steps on both these rest days.

Sights seen during our post-dinner neighborhood walk

Wednesday - 25 minutes (body pump started 15 minutes earlier than the online scheduled said for some reason) on the elliptical plus 60 minutes of body pump.  I loved getting back to body pump!


Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical


Friday - 60 minutes of yoga.  I had thought about going back to body pump but was still sore from Wednesday.  The yoga felt great and seemed to be what my body needed.

Saturday - Rest day.  This is where things started to go down hill.  I went tubing on a river a couple hours away with friends.  We had done this last year and it was a lot of fun.  Of course, it was maybe 20 degree hotter this time than last year.  Long story short, I reacted really badly to the heat and ended up getting sick to the point of having to leave the river early and wait for someone to come back and pick me up.  I also continued to throw up through the evening, even after we got back home and I seemed to have difficulty regulating my body temperature.

Sunday - Rest day.  I was supposed to meet friends for a run but I cancelled given that I was still dehydrated from the day before.  But the good news is that I continued to feel better through out the day and concentrated on rehydrating.  We did also get out to a movie (we had bought tickets in advance to see Ghostbusters) and had another pokemon walk by the theater, staying mostly in the shade and drinking lots of water.

We had fun checking out different memorials/art listed as stops that we had never noticed before

I think I'm back to 100% today.  The heat this Summer just has not been going well for me.  But I'm hoping that this week will be better :)  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment