Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore training week 1

Last week was the first week of training for Race 13.1 Baltimore!  The race is the first weekend of December and I'll be using the RnR Vegas Half as a training run leading up to it.  Last week was also a bit of a weird week because Mike was going to Atlanta and I dropped him off at the airport Wednesday evening.  Also, I went camping with some friends over the weekend so I had a lot of prep to do for that.  It didn't end up being an ideal training week but it was ok.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Body Pump


Wednesday - rest day.  I meant to wake up early and go for a run but I slept pretty badly and didn't make it out of bed on time.  And I was dropping Mike off at the airport in the evening.

Thursday- Almost 45 minutes on the elliptical.  I woke up early but it was raining.  So I ended up going to the gym after work.


Friday - 6 mile run.  This week's long run was supposed to be 6 miles and I knew I wouldn't get it on the weekend while we were camping.  So I woke up early on Friday and got it in before leaving to meet my friends at the campground.  Initially, I had planned to do my 3 mile neighborhood loop twice.  But I worried that I would cut it short if I ran by the house again.  So I ended up just adding in random mileage as I could so it was a bit of a haphazard route.  But it got the job done!


Saturday- yoga and lots of walking.

Sunday - Again, lots of walking while we were out camping.  Here are a couple photos of the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment