Monday, October 17, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore - training week 7

Here's to the start of a new week!  And today is my spotlight day in the blog hop hosted by Runaway Bridal Planner, so welcome to any new readers!  I'm excited to share a bit about my week with you.  But first, a bit about myself.  I live in a suburb of Washington, DC with my husband, Mike, and 2 cats.

First dance at out wedding reception

About as close as our cats get to each other

I started running in January of 2014 and have grown to love it.  Currently, I'm training for half marathons number 4 and 5.  I'll be doing the Rock and Roll Vegas half in November and Race 13.1 in Baltimore in December.


Crossing the finish line at my first half marathon

Here is the last About Me post if you want to learn more about me :)

And here's the review of my training for the week.  I've been having knee pain plus I strained a muscle in my back so it's still sporadic.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

Wednesday - strength training, squats, clam shells, calf raises, planks and crunches.  I ended with 30 minutes of yoga for back pain.

Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical


Friday - rest day since the previous 2 days seemed to bring the back pain back.

Saturday - a beautiful run with a friend.  It was supposed to be 11 miles but I ended up doing 9 and then walking 1.5 home due to knee pain.  And it was super slow too :( even with taking a Tylenol in advance the knee did not feel good.



Sunday - A walk in the morning since I was still having knee pain.  I think I'm going to have too try to rest most of this week in order to hopefully let me knee and back get better.


So that was my week!  I hope you all had a great week as well and I'm looking forward to connecting with those of you from the blog hop over the next couple weeks :)  Here are some ways you can hear more from me. 


I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow


No comments:

Post a Comment