Monday, October 31, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore training week 9

The Another week of training in the books!  Since my knee held up well with the tail run last weekend, I cautiously added more activity in for this week.  And it went well :). So here's the summary.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - yoga for runners and strength training at home with squats, crunches, clamshells, glute bridges, calf raises and planks.

 Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 40 minutes at the gym.  I lost about 7 minutes because my wedding ring fell off, I had to get off the machine to find it, and the machine reset.


Friday - my knee was being a bit cranky so I decided to go for a walk instead of a run.  My phone died before I made it back but I think it was only an additional .2 mile at the end.


Saturday - long run of 11 miles with a 1 mile cool down walk. Technically there was 12 miles on my training plan but my last long run was only 9 miles with. 1.5 mile walk at the end due to my knee.  So I didn't want to increase too much.


I felt great on this run!  Miles 1-6 were on a paved section of the trail and 7-11 were on a dirt/gravel section.  My knee hurt a little bit at miles 4 and 5, I think because of the uphill, but it was fine the rest of the time.  In fact, I was thinking about how good I was feeling somewhere between mile 8 and 9 when I tipped on a rock and fell flat on my face!  Thankfully just some scrapes and a bruised knee.  But I dusted off and finished the run feeling good for the most part.  And the splits make sense with the elevation changes and the slowest mile was where I had my spill.

Sunday - yoga for runners and strength training in the evening.  Plus spectating at the Marine Corps Marathon in the morning followed by a yummy brunch.


So that was my week, and it went well for the most part.  I'm planning to get back to regular activity this week though we also have a work conference on Thursday and Friday so that may be a bit tough.  I'm going to make those my rest days and try to get in more activity at the beginning of the week. 

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.



 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment