Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekly Review

I'm combining 2 weeks since I forgot to post last week.  And let's be honest, I haven't had much activity to report on since the half marathon 2 weeks ago.  I've been catching up on other things in my life and enjoying a bit of a break from training.  So all I've done in these 2 weeks is 2 strength training sessions, 2 sessions on the elliptical, and a Bang cardio dance class with friends.

Part of the reason I haven't been running is that I don't want to deal with the cold weather.  I don't want to acclimate to the cold yet.    

Not ready for this yet!

That's because we're leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow!  It's going to be in the 70s while we're down there and I'm going to be back to running in the heat.  So I'm saving acclimating to cold runs for when I get back from vacation.

Our last trip abroad also included hot springs and volcanoes, but we'll sub in beaches for glaciers this time!

I feel like it will be a relatively active vacation.  We have plans for a lot of hiking.  Also, the hotel we're staying at by the beach does have a running trail and I'm looking forward to running on it at least twice.  I'm also hoping we can find a beach side yoga class :)

Poolside yoga in Vegas may have been the last time I did outdoors yoga on vacation

I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm not sure I'll be able to post from Costa Rica but hopefully I'll be able to share a couple photos on Instagram along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment